Rachel Rivers • June 20,2023
Google Analytics 4 Is Coming
Google Universal Analytics will stop processing new data July 1
As a certified Google Partner, TrailerCentral has been working behind the scenes for many months to prepare for Google’s replacement and upgrade of its older, standard Universal Analytics to the next generation of analytics–Google Analytics 4, otherwise known as GA4.
Effective on July 1, 2023, GA4 will replace your existing Google analytics tracking. You’ll be able to continue to access your Universal Analytics data until December 31, 2023. However, new data will only flow into Google Analytics 4 properties.
According to Google, GA4 is a new kind of property designed for the future of measurement, designed to:
- Collect both website and app data to better understand the customer journey
- Use event-based data instead of session-based
- Include privacy controls such as cookie-less measurement, and behavioral and conversion modeling
- Provide predictive capabilities offer guidance without complex models
- Direct integrations to media platforms to help drive actions on your website or app
What does this mean to our clients?
You will receive more accurate information about the ways that customers use your website, allowing you to make data-driven decisions to optimize your website for lead generation.
No action is required by our dealerships at this time!
TrailerCentral has worked on behalf of our dealers to create a seamless transition process that allows them to continue gathering critical business data from their website with minimal interruption.
To learn more about GA4, and it’s role in the suite of TrailerCentral marketing tools, contact your account rep. Or, if you don’t have an account rep yet, get in touch with our sales team.